Monday, March 26, 2012

Making Ver (part II)

YUUPPPERS! She's done. Ver (short for universe) is finally done and ready Except I am going to insert wire in the tentacles. isn't she nice. Ver

This is a drawing did when I thought of Ver.

  Ver 

 So we last left off at her head already made. After that was done I make the tentacles. I didn't get very good photos for this because I did it in my basement but I will explain.

  wet felting 

 I used bubble rap and sushi mat. Then I would lay out the layers of roving (wool) in all different directions then rolled it in the sushi mat with the bubble rap in the inside. like you would make sushi but way tighter and smaller. Like making a worm from clay.

  wet felting 

Then I let them dry. Here is a picture of my new needle felting tool I just got in the mail from a Shop on easy call myfelting. That link should take you right to it.

  DSCF2261 

 I then needle felted the ends of the tentacles so that they have the nice round balls on them. The tentacles are then wet felted again. Really I just wiped them in some boiling water and shocked them in some cold  water right away.

  The making of Ver 

 I made a ring for in side the head and attached the tentacles to it.

  The making of Ver

The making of Ver 

 I then sewed in boning (a stiff piece of plastic inside fabric) to make sure it had more stability.

  The making of Ver 

 And because I am all about things looking nice inside and out, I covered the fabric and boning with roving, and needle felted it into place.

  The making of Ver

Her head is hollow so I had to work carefully to attach the head.

  The making of Ver 

 There she is looking right at you.

  Ver

lots a work and lots a fun! Oh and I should tell you that she is not miniature she is the 1/2 the length of my arm. 

6 comments:

Laura Hill-Bean said...

Ver looks amazing! Nice work P.

Unknown said...

thanks LOLO

Jeff said...

:O coool! Nice job!

slynch said...

awesome!! I love this one, just might be my favorite yet. I also enjoy the names you come up with for your felt people.

Anonymous said...

It is perfect time to make some plans for
the future and it's time to be happy. I have read this post and if I could I desire to suggest you few interesting things or advice. Maybe you could write next articles referring to this article. I want to read even more things about it!
Take a look at my homepage :: direct download movies

Anonymous said...

I do not know if it's just me or if everyone else experiencing problems with your site. It appears like some of the written text within your posts are running off the screen. Can somebody else please comment and let me know if this is happening to them too? This may be a problem with my internet browser because I've had this happen before.
Cheers
Also see my web site > http://propertyinturkeyforsale.net/