Thursday, March 1, 2012

Ver in fluid motion


This weeks Illustration Friday word is fluid. I am not going to be putting up a finished illustration. I am making the squid looking ship thing so thats fluid right? I am working on making the ship for my stop motion video. I am experimenting with wet felting. I have never done it before but, WOW, so much fun. It does take a lot of time so I will be spreading this project over the next two weeks.

I will put up my progress so far. This week I dyed and carded SO much wool!!  That was all donated by Helga Hillyard's
Green Acres Alpacas
Thank you so much Helga!
I would love to have a drum carder! My arms are tired! If anyone knows any one that wants to sell one, I would buy it. Message me! I am not going to put up pictures of the dying process because its on a previous blog. I will try to take so pictures this week in good light to show some of the great colours. The lady at the grocery store thought I was nuts, when I walked through and bought all the kool aid I bought. I was I think 70 or 80 packages.


I started out with pop bottles. cut them in half and duck taped them together.
I put a soccer ball in a bag and then duct taped that to the bottles.
Laying on layers of wool and getting them wet with soapy water.


When I had covered it all I put a couple of nylons over it and massage and work it for 10 or 15 min.
I was also shocking under cold and hot water


This is so far.
But I have finished the eyes and I am making it bait bigger too! The rest to come in the next couple of days. 



No comments: