Friday, April 20, 2012

Making the set for the stop animation video.

I started with this.

Then my husband said "Wait! There is a better way!"
and we went and bought foam core.
One flat sheet with a piece cut off for the landscape background, and braces. All glued on with a hot glue gun.
The braces are cut to taper to the ground.

Then measure, cut and glue in braces for in-between.

We glued drywall tape to the top and stared to mache it.

After one coat of mache dries over night, we made bumps and craters out of plasticine. Then mached over that.


Thats me the hunch back. 


Then my husband and son set to work on painting the first coat.


This is the finished look! My husband painted this. Thank you sooo much love! 
Now if you look at the stop-motion in one of my other post you can see the background at work.










No comments: